Sunday, August 31, 2014

Candy Cane Striped Skater Dresses

Yes, I know, it's a wee bit early for Christmas stuff. I apologize for contributing in any way to the phenomenon of the Christmas onslaught beginning before Halloween, but I wanted to make some matching dresses for my nieces for their holiday card photos, so a bit of forethought was necessary.


I had some great red and white striped knit in my stash, care of the Real Martha (meaning it's old-school, maybe from the early '80s) that I thought would be perfect for Christmas dresses. Combined with the Kitschy Coo Skater Dress pattern, which worked out so well for my nieces earlier this year: Christmas-worthy (but still wearable in a non-Christmas setting) candy cane-esque dresses!  They've got a bit of a Where's Waldo feel to them, but nothing a cute kid can't pull off!


I love this pattern... so cute and so quick! I can cut and sew one together in about an hour if I've got everything set up.  Not much to say about construction. Like last time I made it, I did the neckline a bit different than in the instructions, inserting it in the round. Otherwise, by the book.


Can't wait to see them on the girls!!