Friday, August 1, 2014

Back in Black: Moneta

Dooooods.  My first Moneta, the one made from fabric that earned me the scorn of the cutting lady at Joann, was so comfy, cute and easy to put together that I was destined to make another right quick.



This all-black Moneta is definitely not the most show-stopping or thrilling piece I've ever sewn... but I am pretty sure it will be among my most worn.  It's basically a blank slate for accessorizing.  Need a backdrop for an enormous necklace? a colorful scarf? a particularly loud blazer or cardigan? Solid black Moneta responds "Yes, please, choose me! Accessorize the shit out of me!"

Par exemple:

I won't say much about the construction of the dress because I did exactly what I did for my first Moneta, which is to say I followed the directions to a tee.  The only change I made was to cut out the 3/4 length sleeves, which was actually more of a pain than I thought it would be, purely because I had to sort through the PDF pattern to find the pages corresponding to the longer sleeve pattern in order to print them out.  Mayhaps Colette could make things easier on that front in the future by identifying the pages or making a separate file for the various sleeve options?