Saturday, June 8, 2013

Ella Raglan Blouses

This is the Ella Raglan Blouse from I Think Sew (same pattern company that designed Zoe's cute overalls):


It's a ridiculously easy pattern that whips up quite fast and looks quite comfy.  In the future, I could see lengthening it into a dress or adding elastic to the waist for a slightly more fitted look.  Maybe piping on the seams between the body and sleeves?  The pattern includes sizes for ages 3-8, so I foresee many more of these in the future.

 Today's iterations include one made from some very pretty Amy Butler Linen Optic Blossom fabric (thanks, Jenny!):


And this sunny version is made from two Indonesian batiks, the body a beautiful yellow floral that I bought at Pasar Mayestik last week and the contrasting sleeves a cool pink batik that you might remember from this ruffle blouse and this Tiny Pocket Tank... I am getting my money's worth out of that piece of fabric!!