Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Creamy Pesto Parmesan Salad Dressing


I had a bunch of leftover homemade basil/cilantro/almond pesto that needed to be used up as well as a craving for a salad.  Did some Googling and came up with this creamy pesto parmesan salad dressing recipe that looked pretty good.  Apparently it's based on a well-loved and much sought-after recipe from the Old Spaghetti Factory.  I've never been to that restaurant, but the dressing sounded pretty nice.  


I put my own twist on it as follows, upping the pesto quantity and subbing in yogurt for the sour cream.  I like how it turned out- tangy, herby and a hint of cheesey. 

Creamy Pesto Parmesan Dressing
Adapted from SavorySweetLife.com

1/4 C plain, unsweetened yogurt
1/4 C mayonnaise
1/4 buttermilk (I mixed milk with a teaspoon of lime juice)
1 TBS finely grated parmesan
3 TBS pesto
Freshly grated black pepper

Mix, chill and pour over salad!