Friday, July 31, 2009

Raspberry Yogurt Popsicles

I went a little crazy at the store with the Greek yogurt, so I had 2 huge full containers to use up. Popsicles sounded appealing in the hot DC weather, so I looked up this recipe for raspberry yogurt popsicles on the other Martha's website...
The instructions are a little wonky, but it's basically mix some plain yogurt with sugar, blend half of it with raspberries, pour it into popsicles molds (or paper cups with popsicle sticks if you don't have molds), alternating the plain yogurt with the raspberry yogurt. The other Martha says to send the raspberries through a sieve to get the seeds out, but I say that's unnecessary.

I liked the creaminess the yogurt gave the popsicles. I bet the recipe would be good with mango (frozen or fresh) or maybe oranges (mandarin?), to make it like a creamsicle.